Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

painting tramp  Bottom

• the tramp on my prindle is a little faded the top of the hulls are bright yellow are the tramp is light/faded yellow, what if i got some of that vinyl dye that comes in a spray can you can get it at car parts stores. it sure would brighten up my cat icon_confused
  • Try it out on part of the tramp, then make sure it doesn't stain you and your clothing. If you do it, post your results. I would like my tramp a little blacker instead of charcoal. icon_biggrin GL
  • a fading tramp could be a sign of UV damage and probably should be replaced. imagine falling through your tramp while stepping the mast...
  • Crunch....broken legs and a long time on the bench from sailing...I vote to replace the tramp icon_wink

Seriously, try the dye on the tramp, but always be cautious and continually check the tramp for wear, cause the above can happen (winces)
  • it feels strong just not as bright as the yellow top hulls. I dyed a 2x2 area white the other day the only problem to change the color is going to take a few cans.
  • If the tramp is made of shelterite, it is black all the way through and it would be like trying to paint fishing line. I doubt it will allow dying and paint will most likely flake off.

• I had a crappppppy front tramp i made from an old beat up G-Cat tramp. it was SHOT... but all i needed it was to hold a cooler and anchor.

I did spray paint it with cheap black paint... this lasted for a few months before it faded back into ugly!!!!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.