painting tramp

the tramp on my prindle is a little faded the top of the hulls are bright yellow are the tramp is light/faded yellow, what if i got some of that vinyl dye that comes in a spray can you can get it at car parts stores. it sure would brighten up my cat icon_confused
Try it out on part of the tramp, then make sure it doesn't stain you and your clothing. If you do it, post your results. I would like my tramp a little blacker instead of charcoal. icon_biggrin GL
a fading tramp could be a sign of UV damage and probably should be replaced. imagine falling through your tramp while stepping the mast...
Crunch....broken legs and a long time on the bench from sailing...I vote to replace the tramp icon_wink

Seriously, try the dye on the tramp, but always be cautious and continually check the tramp for wear, cause the above can happen (winces)
it feels strong just not as bright as the yellow top hulls. I dyed a 2x2 area white the other day the only problem to change the color is going to take a few cans.
If the tramp is made of shelterite, it is black all the way through and it would be like trying to paint fishing line. I doubt it will allow dying and paint will most likely flake off.

I had a crappppppy front tramp i made from an old beat up G-Cat tramp. it was SHOT... but all i needed it was to hold a cooler and anchor.

I did spray paint it with cheap black paint... this lasted for a few months before it faded back into ugly!!!!