Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Can I fit a hobie bob to my prindle?  Bottom

• Greetings all,

I am new to this forum. I have just bought a 86 Prindle 19 in pretty good shape and was wondering if I can fit a Hobie bob to the mast. I haven't sailed in over twenty years but I remember clearly when my H16 turtled. I read online that the P19 mast will float unless it has a leak. Big word is unless. Any advice will be appreciated.
  • You can definitely fit a Hobie Bob float to the Prindle mast, as long as the attachment hardware doesn't in any way block the main halyard or mainsail track.
    Leaks are easy to stop in this case, just run a sealant around the bolt holes, which should stop any water from getting in the mast (the float will help this anyways).
  • castnetGreetings all,

You can probably put Bob on any mast if you can do a little fabrication. It might help to take a look at pictures of one sailors solution to putting the Bob on the Hobie 18 mast, which didn't originally allow for it.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=34617

He took a lot of pictures and measurements that should help.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks for the photos, I can do this....
  • Good to hear, please take pictures as you go, and post in the technical album. It will help the next Prindle owner.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.