Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I need help selecting used spars for a plans built coastal cruiser.  Bottom

• This should probably be in the classifieds, but I'm also looking for some advice as well as looking to buy. I'm looking for a used mast and sails close to these dimensions for a stitch and glue cat I'm building. The designers specs are:

Boat
    Total beam = 14.76 feet,
    LOA/LWL = 29.5 feet
    Weight CWL = 3907 lbs.

Mast
    Spar length of 35.0 feet
    Boom length of 14.5 feet.
    Spreader 2.58 feet from tip to center of mast

Sails
    Foresail area = 10 meters squared.
    Luff = 27.47 feet
    Foot = 9.87 feet
    Leach = 23.7 feet

Mainsail area = 30 meters squared.
    Luff = 32.33 feet
    Foot = 12.65 feet
    Leach = 32.5 feet

So I'd appreciate a little advice on the correct standing rigging for a cat appropriate for non-competative sailing. If you have for sale a used sail, standing and running rigging that might be a good match, please contact me. If you have something close in dimensions to the sail or standing rigging, tell me and I'll consult with the designer if that will work. The mast will be lowered and raised once a sailing season and stored on dry land off season, if it matters.

This is probably a typical newbie inquiry, but I'm a new ASA basic keelboat certified retiree who want to transition into cat sailing.

Thanks in advance,
    Dilis
  • Consider either a Stilleto or Corsair mast, I do not think any beach cat mast are over 33 feet unless it is a Super Cat 20 tall rig and that may work as well.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.