Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Wings or Trapeze...Or Both  Bottom

• I hoist my boat in the water via crane and have to paddle perilously close to steel pilings and motorboats. I'm thinking I shouldn't use the wings on my Hobie 18 cause of extra beam and complications when hoisting the boat in, but I could be wrong. What are a good used set of magnum wings worth?

yellowhulls
  • Hoist boat in water using a crane ! (trying to picture this)
    Anyway...I to have a 18 mag. If yer not going to use them, I would keep em~~ it's a dying breed. I have some spares for my 17 & 18. but 18 wings I don't have as yet, but if I were you... hold on to them~~you could be sorry later..

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • yes, the sailors in my fleet who have 18's all have wings. in fact they tell me that they wouldn't sail a 18 with out them anymore.

I sail an 18, but I race it, so I held off on the wings. But I do have a set in my garage waiting for the day when I'm ready to put them on.

• I decided to sell them to a Chicago 18 sailor, he made an offer I couln't refuse, now for better sails...oh the cyclical process of throwing money into the water, aint it fun icon_biggrin

yellowhulls
  • yellowhulls17 now for better sails...oh the cyclical process of throwing money into the water, aint it fun icon_biggrin

yellowhulls

If you don't go with Hobie sails from your local dealer, make sure and checkout the http://www.WhirlwindSails.com
    the sails in my Avatar are their SuperR Pentax model, I've also got a set of the Dacron RadilaX design which are really nice. pic
    http://www.whirlwindsails.com/h18_rx_photo.jpg

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.