Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Fairing Dagger Boards  Bottom

• Hi All.
    I have been fairing out my dagger boards that continually take a beating from sliding up and down in the dagger slots on a 1970's Sol Cat. I have a 2-part question in respect to making this go away.

Are there any mods/ideas out there on how to make the inside of the dagger board slot smooth, so that when the dagger gets lifted, it doesn't scratch? Maybe automotive truck bed-liner? any suggestions welcome.

Additionally, does anyone know of a particular brand clear coat that can be sprayed over the daggers/ rudders to give them an extra-tough finish.
    I've faired them out, and will probably re-gelcoat them with some extra gel I have laying around. If possible I'd like to give them a coating of something rock-hard and abrasive resistant.

Thanks!
  • i glued some carpet on the tops of my slots... this was more to hold them in place that to avoid scratches... but could work
  • Thanks. Could you upload a picture of the setup when you get a chance. I don't think it will work for my slots, but I'd love to see what you've got going on.

Reason being that my daggerboards are on a shock cord that pulls the top of them forward when in the up position. I don't think I have enough room there to put carpet and have the boards pinch forward.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.