Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

SCHRS discrepancies ???  Bottom

• So if I look my rating up on my boat in SCHRS it's listed as 1.006 (without square top)

When I put all my information into their calculator, it comes out 0.998, without square top and 0.991 with.

What gives? Why the discrepancy and penalty using the calculator no matter the sail? (1.006 vs 0.998).

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • N.M.

Looks like I was using the 2021 calculator which has an error in it. The 2023V1 version calculates it right. Was going over and over it, re-checking my numbers... Supposed to be 0.999 with a square top. Still, there's no way that boat should rate that... Oh well...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • charlescarlisN.M.

Looks like I was using the 2021 calculator which has an error in it. The 2023V1 version calculates it right. Was going over and over it, re-checking my numbers... Supposed to be 0.999 with a square top. Still, there's no way that boat should rate that... Oh well...

yea.. I have a full listing of all the boats that race in our area with the spreadsheet changes per year. Over the last few years, they have made modifications to the formula to account for the F18 improvements. The F18 is the base for the ratings. Personally, I don't agree with having a box-rule boat being the base. It should be a design that is 1-D and has very little room for changes/modifications.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.