Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Shredded bolt rope  Bottom

• Boat is a H21SE the bolt rope up next to the head plate keeps tearing. It's been patched and recently the bolt rope was replaced. What might be causing this?
    https://drive.google.com/…BoCF7u/view?usp=drivesdk
  • Run your pinky finger inside the track, up near the top.
    Is there a burr in the metal?
    Is the edge of the track worn, so as to have a sharp edge?

Edited by Edchris177 on Oct 17, 2022 - 10:57 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • I thought I'd inspected the mast/comptip pretty thoroughly but I'll give it another look. Thanks
  • Oh man, you've definitely got something tearing on that thing. Check where your luff track goes from plastic to aluminum; the two pieces should be smooth, especially the top, aluminum piece. I'm betting that where the plastic transitions to aluminum, the aluminum has either a burr on it or the aluminum section was installed backwards so that the flared out part of the track is at the tip of the mast instead of next to the plastic piece. The flare in the aluminum track is supposed to be against the plastic to stop this very thing from happening. got pictures of the comp tip?

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • merlin491Boat is a H21SE the bolt rope up next to the head plate keeps tearing. It's been patched and recently the bolt rope was replaced. What might be causing this?
    https://drive.google.com/…BoCF7u/view?usp=drivesdk

First assumption, it appears the corner on the splice may be not-rounded. I would be careful with using your finger to find the burr. You can use a tampon or a 1/8" line with a knot on the inside of the track to find the burr. Start at the luff entrance and run either up to the top of the mast. At least you know it is on the starboard side of the track.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.