Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Getaway wing leg diameter  Bottom

• My N5.2 wing setup is getting tired and I am redesigning it from a cantilever to a getaway style hinge. Does anyone know the diameter of the hobie wing leg? I am running H17 wings and they are 1.9" OD. The parts diagram shows a 2-1/2" long 3/8 bolt so I think I am safe ordering these. I could fab some but I am afraid I will never be happy with my workmanship crafting 1/8 SS plate.
    https://www.murrays.com/product/bracket-wing-leg/

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • Bump...
    I emailed Murray's and haven't heard back. They list these as special order so they probably cannot measure for me. I made a single bracket with 1"x1/8" SS plate. Its smaller than I would like for the load that the beam will see. I think it would roll and kink the beam if its contact point is too small. I may need to proceed at risk and order these brackets.

--
    --
  • Following - I am considering switching to folding wings from my plug-ins and the dimensions of that bracket would help... Of course, at $18, that's not too much to risk buying one first, then the other 3 if it's "right".

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • I gave them a call. They can't give an ETA for these. I ordered 4 and will return them for the cost of shipping if they just don't work out. I will post a drawing with dimensions for all future Lay-Z-Boy sailors like myself. Once I have them installed I will update my 5.2 album for wings.

--
    --
  • Cool. I just remembered that there's a Getaway at the marina by me. I should be there Wednesday evening and will measure the wings, if it has them.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Wing tubes that attach to those brackets measured 1.90" (OD), aligning neatly with 1.5" aluminum pipe. Makes sense since it's way cheaper than aluminum tube and more readily available. Likely 6061 T-6 aluminum.

Good luck and take pics!

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • The parts came in. I measured the hinge for our documentation sake. It will work great with standard H17 tube diameter.
    https://www.thebeachcats.…ictures?g2_itemId=136923
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=136923

--
    --
  • Cool - thanks for sharing the iso with us. PLease share the finished product as well. I, for one certainly would like to avoid the plug-in wings some time in the future, however my current construction has been so solid, there's no current motivation to change... Still, good to learn from someone else's project.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.