Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 16 tramp filler  Bottom

• We always seem to be losing the main and jib sheets through the lacing on our trampoline. I had seen this idea somewhere so I implemented it. Had some leftover Sunbrella from the sail bag. There is velcro holding it at the front, and at the sides for the aft piece. The middle and aft piece velcro together as well. Came out pretty good.
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=136774&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Bryan in Poplar Grove, IL
    Supercat 17, unknown year. Future project
    Hobie 16, 1977 - died a spectacular death https://youtu.be/Y7O22bp2MVA
    Hobie 16, 1978 - current boat
    --
  • I have done this on a Hobie 18. Works great to keep water from spraying in colder conditions too.
  • Standard fair on my Hobie, but only held on at front and back with lacing and woven through the tramp lacing. I made a copy out of sunbrella, but it didn't stay in place well. Yours should do better. Its annoying fishing the sheet back in...

My new, homemade one piece tramp came out well, but is a hair short, so I have to do the same, only at the front. Thinking its a good time to add some cooler anchor points onto it, then weave it into that front lacing.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • You are correct; that is an excellent method. Last year, I accomplished it with aluminum can shims. I was worried that slamming the frame on might harm the pylon shoe connection to the hulls. This stiffened it somewhat, although there was still some slop, but it was probably an appropriate amount. When the mast/rigging weight, etc., were added to the boat, it became clear that there was still some slop. I just desired a good connection between the joints.I will add that the epoxy stiffened it up little more over the shims, but you will have to decide whether you want to have to heat up the connection with a torch to get them apart if something has to be changed. Even with an epoxied frame, mast up but rig not tensioned, if I raise a hull while on the trailer, there is a 1-1/2"-2" departure before the second hull rises. Aluminum can shims were about 2-1/2-3" thick, and before any shims, around 4". I'm sure a tight tramp also plays a role in this tension.

-------------------------------------------
    https://www.gruzar.pl/big-bag-warszawa/

Edited by margaret1970 on Jun 13, 2022 - 01:57 AM.
  • ~~ I think this is what yer lookin for, but this is for a 14'... Look around on there. I'v used them before and had luck. Wonder what I did with them, Had too many toys... LOL icon_lol

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.