Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Club Beach wheel storage  Bottom

• Hi All,

At our club, we're looking at storing 16+ sets of cat beach wheels down the side of the club house. Does anyone have any suggestions on storing this many wheels efficiently?

I'm thinking a pallet rack and having the beach wheels leaning against it vertically, with some sort of guide/slots to prevent them failing over.

I think storing them horizontally wont be efficient, and makes the higher wheels harder to access.

Any photos of how other clubs are doing it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Johno

Edited by johnoau on May 17, 2022 - 11:06 AM.

--
    1335 XTSea Nacra 5.8 NA
    605 Nacra 4.5
    Cleveland Yacht Club
    Brisbane, AU
    --
  • How about a piece of plywood mounted horizontally with 3 inch alots cut in every 2 feet. Plywood to be 5 feet off ground. Slide wheel in above and let hang? Sorr of like the racks used to bold shovels in a shed.

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • I want to have this problem!! I like John’s idea of vertically with the upper wheel resting on a fork of some kind.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • smfinleyI want to have this problem!!

If only they were all regularly sailed ;)

--
    1335 XTSea Nacra 5.8 NA
    605 Nacra 4.5
    Cleveland Yacht Club
    Brisbane, AU
    --
  • johnoauHi All,

At our club, we're looking at storing 16+ sets of cat beach wheels down the side of the club house. Does anyone have any suggestions on storing this many wheels efficiently?

I'm thinking a pallet rack and having the beach wheels leaning against it vertically, with some sort of guide/slots to prevent them failing over.

I think storing them horizontally wont be efficient, and makes the higher wheels harder to access.

Any photos of how other clubs are doing it would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JohnoEdited by johnoau on May 17, 2022 - 11:06 AM.

I would think stack horizontally and offset them where the wheels are not adjacent to each other. Basically, they would look staggered as you look at them. This could save about a foot vertically every two sets.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • Well we didnt end up with anything fancy, but saved $ on racking from market place.

Before
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=136868&g2_serialNumber=4

After
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=136871&g2_serialNumber=4
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=136874&g2_serialNumber=4

The wheels up the top aren't used.

Edited by johnoau on Aug 01, 2022 - 07:29 PM.

--
    1335 XTSea Nacra 5.8 NA
    605 Nacra 4.5
    Cleveland Yacht Club
    Brisbane, AU
    --
  • A good problem to have. Nice work.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • Nice solution. Looks like the top ones are in jail.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.