Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

NACRA RUDDER TRIM SCREW.  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• tominpaI need to find a new rudder for my 5.7 that has the straight profile

I have the notched variant (1 piece) available now on eBay if you're interested in matching the starboard side. The notch was added so you could rake the rudders further up under the boat to dial out weather helm.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224377215644

Edchriss177That is not a skeg hull Nacra (5.7 or 5.0), rudder blade.

Ed, it is a factory blade for the 5.0/5.7 (late models) and was even used on some early 500s.

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • The notched model raises higher for transport and on the beach which is nice. Both can drag in the water for shallow steering. I kind of like the notched one better, and as long as the trim screw is in place, it doesn't smack the hull. Thanks for link.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • QuoteThe notched model raises higher for transport and on the beach which is nice

I wanted that on my N5.5 with the non-notched rudders. The rudders are always touching the sand, more than with the 5.0 and 5.7 because it doesn’t have the skeg, so the transom is closer to the ground. So i made a cut on the tiller arm tube to give the rudder more room. It worked, but another problem appeared: the rudder still touches the ground but only the part closer to the transom, unfortunately that’s where the control line is attached to the rudder and now it’s the line that touches the ground. Not a problem on sand but it often touched harder ground and eventually got damaged . I’m more careful after I realized, not a big deal but the modification didn’t work as to forget about it.

Edited by Andinista on Aug 25, 2021 - 05:14 AM.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.