Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for a Nacra 5.7 mast  Bottom

• Anyone have an extra Nacra 5.7 mast? My 5.7 was stored for winter under a pavilion and a tree landed on the pavilion and broke / bent the top of the mast. Are there any other Nacras that have the same mast length and would be suitable to swap?
    Thanks,
    Eric
  • I Have a 500 mast for sale if it will work.

--
    Pete
    2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
    2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
    2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
    2016 NACRA 500 Sport
    DeLand, FL
    --
  • i have one on Fire Island N.Y. but minus spreaders-however if a 5.2 mast has spreaders( i cant recall now )u could remove them from a 5.2 mast i also have/ problem is i wont be back there till 4/1/2022 or so and cost to transport 5.7 mast
  • nofearofflyingi have one on Fire Island N.Y. but minus spreaders-however if a 5.2 mast has spreaders( i cant recall now )u could remove them from a 5.2 mast i also have/ problem is i wont be back there till 4/1/2022 or so and cost to transport 5.7 mast

I could see that working for a motivated sailor from NH. You guys just need to work out logistics...pickup and payment.

--
    Tom
    NACRA 5.7 (1984 Sail 181)
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • I also have other 5.7 parts in case u elect to make a trip in the spring-many listed on this site i have promised main to a new .7 owner, jib available as well as complete rudder system,etc-after surviving ' Sandy lost the 5.7 in a N'or Easter
  • nofearofflying, I might also be interested in parts (not the mast). I'll check your listings in classified.

Edit, did not find the ad. How much for rudders?

Edited by tominpa on Dec 07, 2020 - 11:28 PM.

--
    Tom
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • Nofearofflying, I sent you a PM. Very interested in the mast. You said you won't be back till 4/1/2022 - did you mean 4/1/2021 ?? Spring of '21 would be perfect for me to pick up the mast. Please send me a PM and let's talk price.
    Thanks,
    Eric
  • spring 2021 ,sorry, look on parts this site lists price at $250 but negotiable-have N5.7 repair photos and photos of rudders cant post here so email me and i will email photos
  • Look at Dwyer masts. They had a section that was very close to the Nacra/Prindle section.

--
    Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
    TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
    Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
    Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
    Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
    Nacra 5.0
    Nacra 5.8
    Tornadoes (Reg White)
    --
  • I am going to go with nofearofflying's Nacra 5.7 mast. Thanks for the responses, this is an awesome resource for those of us sailing 25+ year old catamarans. It was an awful feeling, seeing your mast bent under a tree. I am relieved to know there is hope to sail again next summer!

http://www.morsephoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/mast-scaled.jpg
  • PM Sent to nofearofflying re: rudders

Squamcat, that tree had no mercy. At least the rear beam was spared.

--
    Tom
    Pennsylvania
    --
  • please email me at shawesq@gmail.com or better call my cell 917624696 so we can make arrangements-if you view parts for sale SAILS u will see what was my N5.7,(my nephew not me in photo) same sail color as yours and thats the mast, save your old mast it can be a great flag pole and we may need the spreaders etc. i also have a N5.2 mast "complete" so i have all parts on that one, if anything not affixed to 5.7 mast
  • SquamCatI am going to go with nofearofflying's Nacra 5.7 mast. Thanks for the responses, this is an awesome resource for those of us sailing 25+ year old catamarans.

That's great, glad you got hooked up. It's what TheBeachcats.com is all about, group knowledge, and sailors helping each other.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.