Ok you yayhoos,
Us houston area guys have a hairbrained ideas. We have as of last count 6 to 9 prindle 19's and at least a couple dozen 16/18.
We are discussing having a 50th reunion north Americans prindle regatta for 2022. Maybe do one day distance racing and one buoy racing. As of now we are talking about doing it at the dike in texas city, but might make something happen on the beach front in Galveston. What would be the interest in something of this type? We might be able to get some sponsors to help with prizes.
For the 19's it would be a run what you brung, no spinnaker type class.
Discuss away folks
Captain Chris Holley
'87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
'74 sunfish "1fish"
Well, it's 1200 miles from me, so what would make this attractive:
1. Provide secure on the beach cat storage during the event.
2. Reasonably priced room rates nearby (walking distance).
3. Event held during the waterpark season- Schlitterbahn, Pirate's Bay, etc. for attendance days before and after the regatta.
4. On the beach clinics on sailing and racing in this area.
5. Casual dinner for everyone the night between the races.
6. Offer to publish photos and contact information for and of attendees.
7. Have someone present the latest information on Olympic and World Sailing catamaran classes and events.
8. See if you can attract one of the groups that train people to race catamarans to have a class days before the event.
Well, there's my $0.02.
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Well Bob, it certainly looks like you have some work cut out there..
Cholley 12, sounds like a great idea. What is the weather like in Galveston mid February maybe March.. I have attended a few mid-winter regattas in Florida when I live in the Northeast, great way to get out of the cold..
March ranges in the day between the 60's to mid-upper 70's. February it's freezing - like only in the 60's. At least for Galveston. Windspeed average is 10-15 mph, mostly out of the south. Water temperature is 60-65ish degrees (water temp closely lags air temp). - Generally lovely -