Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sand in tiller extensions-and it seized  Bottom

• The tiller for tje bost got pkaced in sand and now is siezed up. Any ideas how ro ckean one out? It is the Getaway tiller

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • you may be able to hold a water hose on one side of it and flush it out

you can soak it in really hot water (not boiling) if it was used in salt water to loosen up salt crystals

try banging it on the head of the person who dropped it in the sand?

Edited by MN3 on Sep 27, 2021 - 04:10 PM.
  • You're talking the hiking stick, right? I had a similar problem with an Arriba stick several years ago and I called the company (no longer exists) and the owner told me to do this: Remove the grip or if it's got the cork ball enlarge the hole at the end. I know the Getaway's tiller might be different but they all work basically the same way. Work the extension back and forth while flushing water thru it. It took some effort, but it worked for me.

--
    Bill Townsend
    G-Cat 5.0
    Sarasota
    --
  • Thanks guys

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • MN3try banging it on the head of the person who dropped it in the sand?Edited by MN3 on Sep 27, 2021 - 04:10 PM.
    LOL

--
    John

Nacra 5.0
    CT
    --
  • I had a sticky Arriba, the really long one, for the 10’ beam Mystere.
    We threw it in my neighbour’s pool overnight, the fished it out in the morning. While holding it vertically underwater, twist/untwist. Once you can do that, work it short/long. It only took a few minutes to get the mud out & free it up.
    Removing the cork or grip, & violently sloshing it fwd/aft would also help flush crud out.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.