Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Old mast caddie  Bottom

• Anyone happen to have one for sale?

--
    Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
    1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
    1983 SuperCat 19
    TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • Check Facebook - one is there Hobie Cats, North America. $25

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Thanks - I'll check it via my wife's account, as I have a clinical allergy to facebook.

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
    Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
    --
  • Here you go -
    https://www.facebook.com/commerce/listing/551872358818126/?ref=share_attachment

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BeachcatMarketplace\

It's "for a NACRA", but I imagine it'll work or could be modified, perhaps.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Thanks. She seems to be having a bit of a tough time getting to it - might she have to join the group?

- whoops, belay that, she's got it now.

Edited by jonathan162 on Jun 24, 2020 - 03:08 PM.

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    --
  • I'm guessing that "Nacra version" means having the cutout for the traveler track.

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    --
  • Probably...

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Jonathan,

Take that piece of sewer pipe you cut off for your sail tube and cut about a 8-10" piece off and use that as the cradle. Notch the bottom to fit the traveler car track. You can use paper or piece of cardboard as a template to get the "right fit", and then transpose to one end of the pipe. Other end just cut bowl shaped for the mast to sit in. Form the part where the mast will sit. When you tie your mast down the cradle will be under it so shouldn't bounce out.

Just an idea.

Good luck

--
    Forrest
    I-20 USA-645
    Hernando, Florida
    "There's not enough rum in the drum"
    --
  • Love it if it were that simple and I could just get out the jigsaw, but it's not. The original Supercats (of which this is one) have a tramp that wraps completely around the aft crosstube. They did it that way because the first SC was the 20, which had a 12' beam that telescoped down to 8' for trailering, and the traveler runs on a cable (over top of the tramp) instead of a track.

In the later (non-telescoping, trailerable) boats they went to a conventional track on the crossbeam, but I have one of the originals. So whatever I do, it has to clamp around the crosstube and not damage the tramp, just like I think the Mast Caddie will, perhaps with a little padding. Or be something else that I haven't figured out yet.

--
    1983 SuperCat 19
    Mystere 17
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.