Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Where can I go to meet beachcat sailors  Bottom

• I am located in Tallahassee but travel a lot. Are there any hot spots where folks sail beach cats every weekend with good weather. I am looking to get ideas about things like raising the mast and getting the boat from the trailer to the water. I have looked at lots of youtube vids but still would like to see how things work in real time.
  • Hey I know we have spoken before but never met up. I’m in Tallahassee as well with a Hobie 16 and Gcat 5.7. We can rig the Gcat in my front yard sometime if you think it would be helpful. I live by the Hospital close to the center of town. The 16 is mast up at Shell Point so you can see how I use my beach wheels. Not sure when I’ll be back down there, I’m busy the next 2 weekends. Of course I’ll be at the Stephen C Smith Regatta in April racing my 16 and giving joy rides on the 5.7.

Always cats off Dunedin Causeway if your traveling
  • QuoteAlways cats off Dunedin Causeway if your traveling

Sadly those days are gone.
    When i started sailing there in 1999 it was pretty packed with cats
    When i purchased my h18 and sailed every weekend (2001 ish) we had at least 15 cats on the beach or in the water every weekend day -

in the 80's it was a mad house
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=132561&g2_serialNumber=3

These days ... it's uncommon to see more than a few beachcat trailers on a weekend and only a few times a year do we have more than 5 or 6

in the warmer months you can expect a few cats on the weekends but that is about it

The waters have been taken over by SUP's and kayaks around here (and pwc, and powerboats galore)

Edited by MN3 on Feb 21, 2020 - 11:30 AM.
  • QuoteWhere can I go to meet beachcat sailors

N florida
    Rudder club in Jacksonville
    Ft Walton Beach

Centeral FL
    WaterTribeTM Everglades Challenge (EC) has "rigging day" on March 7th at fort desoto / St pete
    Clearwater sailing center
    as mentioned above, Dunedin Causeway (in spring, nice weather days you should be able to expect some cats - feel free to contact me on specific days)
  • The Mug Race from Palatka FL to Jacksonville FL on May 2, 2020 will have the largest variety of catamarans competing in the southeast. RC 27's, Stiletto 27's, Hobies, Nacras, GCats, and many other makes and models will be represented. Most boats get setup in the parking lot at the Palatka city boatramp on Friday and early Sat AM. If you are in the area please introduce yourself.

Brad in Jax
    2x Stiletto 27's (one for sale after the Mug Race)

Edited by bradinjax on Feb 21, 2020 - 06:16 PM.
  • Miami once a month. Look for the cabb group on Facebook.
  • I am most likely in that picture somewhere!!! That was "MY" beach in the 80s. I met my wife there too and we are still going strong! I miss those good times.

Bob Curry

--
    Master UniRig Sailor
    --
  • I think the Sebastian inlet group is still active

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.