Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

INTERLUX SINGLE PART TOPSIDE PAINT  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• QuoteI struggle posting photos here

you can email them to me and i will post if you want andrew at asn studios . dot com
  • https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=132295&g2_serialNumber=3

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=132296&g2_serialNumber=3
  • looks great but a lot less "shiny" than i would expect - perhaps that comes with wax?

i say that because i can see a reflection in my gelcoat when freshly polished
    and i can see a reflection in my painted boat as well
  • Looks good - might just be the lighting. I'd clean all the paint over spray off the stainless sooner than later as you're likely to be chipping it off, if you do. If you just want to, you could easily buff it out, especially if the paint was cured in an oven. In fact, if cured in an oven, the pros usually like to buff within about 12 hours (at least clear coat) as the paint gets real hard after that and is a bear to buff properly.

I like it! - for what it is (an old Hobie 16, refreshed). Now, clean the aluminum of all dirt, get some Penetrol from the paint department and wipe the aluminum and you'll have a crisp, detailed boat. The stuff helps, even if it's very temporary.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • Is it true that a dull finish is faster (in the water) than a glossy one?

(besides being faster to prep and apply)
  • It is not a mirror finish but the money/job time/quality ratio was a good one. She’s on the beach 365 days a year so keeping her shiny is almost futile.

I guess I do need to wax her, and I guess I will be using a different product now she is no longer gel coat?
  • I read somewhere - can't remember, maybe hearsay, that axing a sailboat hull, like a jet ski hull isn't a good idea. Have no idea if that's true, but something about detaching the boundary layer between the hull and the water is good. Waxing makes it "stick" - I think the same applies for surf boards (???). The reason why they keep their boards clean on the bottom; control and speed.

Dunno - but I'd sure wax above the waterline for UV protection, at least. Perhaps it makes no difference or not a substantial difference for the entire hull.

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.