Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

how do you stretch HM line?  Bottom

• Looking for info, methods, etc on how to best "pre" strech dynema to reduce lifetime streching (not creep)

I know Sam posted some data on it, but my searches have 't found it.

thanks!
  • Like this of course icon_biggrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR7HcsDY3kQ

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Thanks Pete:
    He looks like a real pro!

I love this comment: "What I've learned watching your video's is that boating isn't for me. Thanks for saving me a fortune!"

I probably wont be doing this method
  • After I splice the line, I use a hydraulic ram and a load cell to run it up to 50% of it's breaking strength and hold it there for 30 mins or so. That resets the fibers that are loosened up during the splicing process.

The pre-stretched dyneema that I purchase has been run through a heat/steam die process to reduce the diameter and align the fibers. This is how all of the "pre-stretched" dyneema that I use is created.

-Mike
  • Thanks Mike,
    can i borrow your ram?
  • You're going to need a big truck. It's attached to a 30' I-beam.

If I can figure out how to edit a video clip, I'll post one of finding out what the breaking point is on a soft shackle

it's more fun to break stuff than just stretching things.
  • I stretch it between my truck and wife's car tow points using my main sheet system. I'm figuring that I can put near 1k lbs into it. On smaller applications under 10 ft and under 1/8 line I stretch it on my bow string jig

--
    Captain Chris Holley
    Fulshear, TX
    '87 Prindle 19 "¡Hijole!"
    '74 sunfish "1fish"
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.