Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Any thoughts on these trax?  Bottom

• https://orlando.craigslis…-or-tote/6663003449.html

I am thinking no, but I have a bad luck puncturing tires and the price is right
  • The wheels look a little narrow but they may be good for rolling over harder surfaces like grass or gravel/rocks.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • jalex, here's a set i made in '08 and they're still working ok.........

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures/?g2_itemId=82521&g2_GALLERYSID=54c8da9115ebc3324d00022f3ed5645c

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • Thanks, How are they in sand? And if anybod has a decent reasonable set of trax for sale in Florida I'd be interested, especially with cradles. Damn dog ate something she wasn't supposed to and the surgery set me back so I can't buy new like I wanted.

Edited by jalex on Aug 09, 2018 - 10:49 AM.
  • There is a set of cat trax listed in the "Good Deals" section and they are 200 bucks, but they are in Texas.

Edited by martyr on Aug 09, 2018 - 07:02 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • I'm wondering how those dock wheels work on packed sand as well. What about a heavier boat, like a 20 or 21? Seems like small wheels, but can't say. Probably great for a standard 16-18, huh?

--
    Chuck C.
    H21SE 408
    --
  • jalex and charles....they're not as bad as one might think in either loose or packed sand. one of our guys copied my design for his h-18 and that worked good. admit tho that packed sand is easier on the pushers/pullers than losse

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • We had a set of hard-wheeled cat trax about 25-30 years ago. I can tell you that they are considerably more difficult to use on soft sand than the trax with rubber wheels. The hard wheels tend to sink in rather than "float" on top.

That being said, they are still 100 times better than no trax at all....

sm
  • i have a hard time believing a solid trailer axle only weighs 30lbs

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.