Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

FYI Sail Box  Bottom

• Looking to build a sail-box over the winter... anyne here tackled this project? Care to share what you did.. pics would be nice

I'm not looking to do a PVC tub, this is going to be a box for storing at a storage yard/launch ramp.

Thanks

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • What material are you planning to use? I made a wooden box probably about 15 years ago by framing out with ripped down 2x4’s and skinning over with 3/8” plywood for about $100. I used it on my trailer for a few years, then on the beach for a few more and now it sits unused in the back yard. Some of the plywood could use replacing, but the frame is still solid, so it’s lasted pretty well. Lots of ways you can go about doing this.

sm
  • Looking at the upside of Los Angeles traffic it gives me some "zone time" to engineer/or think things through.. was thinking about this yesterday...

I am thinking 4' X 10' 3/8" plywood finished one side (for the interior) and the framing it with 1" X 1' 6061 aluminum angle for the structure.

I am figuring the box to be 24" wide, 15" tall, and 10' long. One end will have a fold down door secured with a SS piano hinge and the other a 4' sliding entry that will be held in place with a 2" X 2" 6061 aluminum angle. I am figuring your standard automotive door seal should to the trick on keeping the moisture out from the openings and using some West Systems for the mitered joints should help get it water tight..

Pete Begal made a recommendation of doing wheels on one end to move it around easier.... hmmmmm!!!!! icon_biggrin

One I get started I do a journal here on the progress... surprised the NACRA people are not making these anymore...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.