Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

EZ step Gin Pole length?  Bottom

• I am looking at rigging a EZ step III type gin pole but am curious what the length is. any one with this system who can give me some info. Also if anyone has used one on Prindle 18 about how far up the mast was it attached. how do you work around the spreader cables?

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • The gin pole for the Hobie 21st is 80 in long with 1 7/8 OD. The minimum length is base of the mast to past the furler drum, longer is better.
  • Also if you come to bear lake on labor day weekend with USA you can check out my gin pole system.
  • I should be up there then, but i am hoping to figure something out sooner. My kids have moved on and I have regular crew so I'm trying to make this easier to solo sail. I have never had to do get the mast up solo before. I built a Mast stand to put out behind the boat to support it but I'm doubtful I can just lift it up and even then be able to get the forestay attached. Are you in the Salt lake Valley somewhere I might could swing by and take a look sometime. Did you build your own? Right now I'm struggling with figuring out the best way to attach it to the mast.

Thinking of trailer with the cat backwards and using the front mast stand to get a jump up but I'm not sure it will work well with the spreader wires and sideways mast raising of the P18. Plus then I will have to built or buy a rear mast holder for the trailer because I will not be able to rest in on the rear beam. I might could reconfigure the trailer so the rear is higher thus leaning the mast forward to help keep it in place while i get it attached but that would take a bit of work.

I have a section of fiberglass windsurfer pole that was originally designed as a righting pole system I though I could use as a gin pole but it s a bit long so I thought I may need to cut it down some.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.