Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 6.0 Uni?  Bottom

• While waiting on a replacement bow/bridle foil to arrive for my Nacra 6.0NA, would it be feasible to tie two pieces of dyneema line from the mast hound to the chainplates attached to the bow tangs and sail the boat with main only and essentially a dual forestay? My new foil will be here next week, but I sure would like to sail this weekend with the rest of the boys.

Does the 6.0 perform decent without the big jib? What diameter or strength of line is required to replace the forestay? (I've been toying with the idea of replacing my trap wires with spyder line. anyone have comments on why or why not to do so?

--
    Jeff Betts
    St Simons Surf Sailors
    nacra6.0NA #140
    --
  • jeffbettsWhile waiting on a replacement bow/bridle foil to arrive for my Nacra 6.0NA, would it be feasible to tie two pieces of dyneema line from the mast hound to the chainplates attached to the bow tangs and sail the boat with main only and essentially a dual forestay? My new foil will be here next week, but I sure would like to sail this weekend with the rest of the boys.

Does the 6.0 perform decent without the big jib? What diameter or strength of line is required to replace the forestay? (I've been toying with the idea of replacing my trap wires with spyder line. anyone have comments on why or why not to do so?

Sure. I wouldn't tie it to the tangs, but slice it with a thimble on both ends. The rudders will load up some because you are moving the COE aft, and it might be harder to tack based on your skill, but heck, go for it. Rake the mast more forward will help with balance.

Getting rid of trap wires and going to dyneema will make you happy dance!

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.