Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mainsheet size and length  Bottom

• Helping a friend with his 2006 Nacra 20 and have a few questions. The boat came with a set of 8 to 1 and a 10 to 1 system.
    What is the best line and size to use for each
    What is the length of the taper and split tail
    Thanks in advance for all replies
  • For 10:1
    Start with 13' of 3/16" dyneema spliced to 42' of 8mm Racing Sheet or similar. You will adjust/trim to length the end of the 3/16" to becket when the boat and sail is up. You want the splice to just not get into the cleat. On the other end of the Racing Sheet splice a 1/8" split tail for the traveler. Length is not critical because you will tie the split tails to the eye straps.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Here is the split tail in my album.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=75205&g2_serialNumber=7

https://www.thebeachcats.…203&g2_imageViewsIndex=1

--
    Philip
    --
  • My inter 20 on a 10:1 total sheet length without traveller is about 35ft. I still need to trim off a couple feet. 8mm bzzz.

--
    Steve
    Nacra Inter 20
    Okemos Michigan
    --
  • Quote8 to 1 and a 10 to 1 system.
    What is the best line and size to use for each

depends on the size of the blocks - they make several sizes for beach cats
    55mm, 57mm, 75mm?
  • schoen.steveMy inter 20 on a 10:1 total sheet length without traveller is about 35ft. I still need to trim off a couple feet. 8mm bzzz.

Should have said order and trim length to personal preference. So, I ordered 42' and buried about 1' of that in the splice. My mainsheet is also the traveler. Once I got everything rigged I trimmed to length. For me, my crew works the mainsheet. I want him to be able to sheet the main/traveler single sheet from the wire forward of the shroud and be able to hold the line in his teeth or lay it across his waist (to free up hands when needed). It's a distance racing thing . . .

I just measured mine and it is 33', which includes the traveler (minus the taper and split tail). And when it is stankin' there is ZERO room for play.

Using the main as the traveler adds about 13-14' from the trap position in my set up.

Advice to hullflyer is order too much, you can always shorten it.

--
    Philip
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.