Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sail Cleaning  Bottom

• I am a newbie (as some of you may have read in my previous posts) and am currently restoring an old 5.7m G-Cat. The sails that came with this boat are (I believe) the original sails so are at least 20 years old. The sails are in great shape as they have been kept well in storage for most of their life. However, a good cleaning would do them a world of good. I have searched the internet for some "How To" articles on cleaning sails, but haven't unearthed anything that really sets my mind at ease. Can someone provide some info regarding the best cleaners and methods to use? Thanks in advance.

edited by: lemonhead13, Jun 06, 2008 - 09:17 AM
  • Hey Lee,
    Great choice in boats. I have one too. I clean my sails with a 10% or so bleach and laundry detergent solution and use a push broom to aggravate the dirty/ mildewed surfaces. Rinse and hang dry.

If you ever need parts... the man who designed our boat, Hans Geissler, lives in the Dade City area of pasco county. His web site is http://www.g-catmultihulls.com.

He has odds and ends for our boat. He used to sell about six different makes... each had something he did not like. So he designed the G-Cat to his experience.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.