Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mast support  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• i have to disagree oh fearless leader (Damon). That Mast Caddie worked great on the rear beam. Here are 2 photos of how I adapted it with a neoprene roller.
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=129484&g2_serialNumber=3
    https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=129488&g2_serialNumber=3

when I needed to move the mast forward or backward while raising or lowering the mast, I would spread the upper arms out to the sides and tilt the Caddie forward, putting the roller on top and in contact with the mast track. then i could easily roll the mast forward or backward without having to lift it at all. i could move it from the front or back.

to each their own, but for me, it worked great. i had several go thru my hands over the last 15 yrs. pretty sure they're not made anymore and are hard to find in good condition.
    j

--
    Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
    Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
    '99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
    --
  • archi have to disagree oh fearless leader (Damon). That Mast Caddie worked great on the rear beam. Here are 2 photos of how I adapted it with a neoprene roller

when I needed to move the mast forward or backward while raising or lowering the mast, I would spread the upper arms out to the sides and tilt the Caddie forward, putting the roller on top and in contact with the mast track. then i could easily roll the mast forward or backward without having to lift it at all. i could move it from the front or back.

to each their own, but for me, it worked great. i had several go thru my hands over the last 15 yrs. pretty sure they're not made anymore and are hard to find in good condition.
    j

I completely agree, the mast caddy is awesome. My boat is now on trailer backwards and no longer use it but it’s tucked away in my workshop... the money I would get for it would never be worth selling it.

Btw there is one on eBay right now for $50

Edited by car_guy on Mar 03, 2018 - 07:46 PM.
  • With the mast caddie, did the bottom bolt get bent on the ones that y'all had or is the bolt supposed to be bent? I'm talking about the adjuster bolt, mine somehow got bent. I do like the caddie, but I find that the tiller bar and the caddie fight for space which makes using it a bit awkward.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Get a new bolt then use old rudder cams as spacers between the two halves when tightening down on the xbar this will keep it from bending. When new the cadie came with spacers that got easily
    lost. Used the mast cadie on my 18 for 15 years no issues
  • Thanks, I will try that.

--
    Marty
    --
  • I was able to straighten out my bent bolt today through the persuasion of a hammer and a block of wood. I was also going through my toolbox and found two round rubber pieces that were part of a coupler system for a Kenmore direct drive washing machine that I can use as spacers. I wondered why I kept those things all these years, now I know lol.

--
    Marty
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.