Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

New tramp  Bottom

• Looking to buy a new or used trampoline for my prindle 15. Wondering if anyone has recommendations for where I could get one at a reasonable price. Thanks

--
    Frank
    Prindle 15/Hobie 16/Hobie 14T
    --
  • SLO is where I have bought my replacement tramps. Them or Sunrise are your 2 best bets.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • I ordered some fabric from http://www.funspot.com/trampoline-fabric.php for pretty cheap and sewed up a tramp for my Hobie 18 and it was pretty simple if you can get hold of any sewing machine. The material is easy to go through because it's basically netting. Just line it with 2" webbing off ebay and punch in some grommets. Best part is you can do custom pockets anywhere you want.

I got sail makers grommet tools used for like 25 bucks. I think I can pump out a tramp for like 40 bucks in materials now. If you like making stuff it's not hard and only a weekends work.
  • tatumpower1I got sail makers grommet tools used

Spags,
    Be sure to use spur or "toothed" grommets, and get the correct setting tools for them. Reinforce every grommet with the webbing mentioned, sewn securely to the mesh.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • yea - can be done, and done well but don't think this doesn't require skills
    sewing straight lines isn't easy, esp on non professional equip - in a house (compared to on a sail loft floor with a underdeck sewing station)
    measuring and getting exactly what you need isn't so easy either with stretch and pull

on a 3 part lace up tramp like a h18 is a LOT more forgiving than a 1 piece

tamumpower1I ordered some fabric from http://www.funspot.com/trampoline-fabric.php for pretty cheap and sewed up a tramp for my Hobie 18 and it was pretty simple if you can get hold of any sewing machine. The material is easy to go through because it's basically netting. Just line it with 2" webbing off ebay and punch in some grommets. Best part is you can do custom pockets anywhere you want.

I got sail makers grommet tools used for like 25 bucks. I think I can pump out a tramp for like 40 bucks in materials now. If you like making stuff it's not hard and only a weekends work.
  • The tramp I made is a one piece...
  • Thanks for the responses. Where can I find used tramps in good condition? I've done some pricing on new tramps from advice given and it's going to cost me between $400 - 500 (Canadian $$) to buy new....that's a bit steep!

--
    Frank
    --
  • The easiest and cheapest way to find material even for a bias cut, one piece trampoline, is to buy a mat for a jumping trampoline, as they use the same mesh. A round 15 ft trampoline has enough material, to give you a square of over 9x9 ft. If you trippelfold with multiple seams, you don´t even need to buy webbing to line it with. Be sure to use spur grommets as someone mentioned above.

Edited by revintage on Dec 16, 2017 - 04:41 AM.

--
    Brgds
    Lars

Frankentri 5.8/5.5/Inter20
    Aerow trimaran foiler

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1192604934176635
    --
  • Thanks for the tip!

--
    Frank
    --
  • Just a word of caution, my new A-Cat tramp took about 20-30 hours to build. I had the main seams sewn professionally ($50, worth it for piece of mind). Mesh isn't bad, I was using 10oz dacron on this tramp (sealed aero tramp, not advisable on a standard boat without a decksweeper main). Material set my back $200, and if I had to pay for my labor, it would be unaffordable. $400 for a new tramp is really a bargain.
  • samc99usJust a word of caution, my new A-Cat tramp took about 20-30 hours to build. I had the main seams sewn professionally ($50, worth it for piece of mind). Mesh isn't bad, I was using 10oz dacron on this tramp (sealed aero tramp, not advisable on a standard boat without a decksweeper main). Material set my back $200, and if I had to pay for my labor, it would be unaffordable. $400 for a new tramp is really a bargain.

I agree that given the labor involved buying one isnt a bad deal, but for sure if you have the time it's not bad to make. I'm curious how you spend $200 on materials though. 10oz dacron can be had for like 10-20 bucks a yard and even if you did a top and bottom layer like a lot of the A cats do to sandwich the control lines inside you shouldn't have needed more than what, 5-6 yards?

Edited by tamumpower1 on Dec 18, 2017 - 02:29 PM.
  • samc99us$400 for a new tramp is really a bargain.

Agreed.
    Your trampoline is not just something to sit on.
    It is a structural part of your catamaran, giving strength and form to the hulls and crossbars. Construction is not to be taken lightly.

Used tramps are rare, mostly because they are too expensive to keep a spare lying around..

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.