Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

buying a used cat  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• Thanks Jerome, I guess I'll look into what the rules are in TN. It's odd for us since we mostly keep the boats in mississipi

Well I looked it up....again.....TN requires boats to be registered that are primarily used in Tennessee (not me) and does not require boat trailer registration. I guess I'll just be careful out there in MS, FL, and AL

Edited by tnell on Aug 09, 2017 - 06:14 PM.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • As long as your boat is registered in the state where you live, in accordance to the laws pertaining to said boat and trailer, then you should be fine. I'm telling ya, I just hauled my boat from Alabama to Florida and while in Florida, hauled it from Niceville to Ft Walton Beach, back to Niceville, then back to Ft Walton Beach and then back to Alabama and had no issues with registration at all.

The previous owner of my boat lived primarily in Nashville, Tennessee, but kept the boat at his beach house in Florida. The boat had a Tennessee registration when I got it. I hauled it home from Florida to Alabama with it registered in Tennessee, but I did have a bill of sale showing that I had recently purchased the boat.

Edited by martyr on Aug 09, 2017 - 09:43 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Thanks to everyone!!! You helped me alot

--
    Tom Bainbridge, Ga. Hobie16, prindle 18.2
    --

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.