Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Soft Spot Repair!  Bottom

• I have got a Prindle 16, all in good shape except the top side of the hulls are soft under the trampoline. I have read a lot of the forums on fixing the problem by injecting resin into the hulls, between the inner and out layers of fiberglass. My only problem is knowing what resin to use. What kind of foam core is in the Prindles? Can I use polyester resin? or should i use Epoxy resin? I don't want to melt the foam in my boat, but I am also looking to spend the least amount possible on this repair. The polyester resin is much cheaper than the epoxy. I know epoxy will work, but if I can get away with using the polyester resin, I would be stoked. Thanks.
  • Use thickend epoxy, it's really the only way you will get good results. It may be more expensive but it will be a solid, lasting repair.
  • Agree, use epoxy. The cost difference is minimal for this size project. Epoxy has better adhesion. I would disagree with thickening the resin, however. You want low viscosity so the resin will wick it's way into all of the voids between the glass and foam.

sm
  • Awesome, thank you guys!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.