Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

reboarding cat after falling overboard  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

• Not my favorite way to reboard a cat! https://youtu.be/DlddK6XOaYI Last September my old sailing crony and I took his '84 NACRA 5.2 out in 30+ winds. We actually got the old girl up to a little over 23 mph. Not bad for a 34 year old boat! Anyway on the way back to the beach the wind was dying off and of course, me not paying attention......
  • You need to be a gymnast to get up the from the front beam on my boat

the video shows my preferred way to re-board

grab the trap and get a foot over the gunwale and then use the foot and trap wire to get the rest of the torso aboard.

Looks like you guys where haulin ass!
  • Where where you guys sailing I have a 5.2 also cant wait to get it together and up to speed .great info thks
  • Another technique i heard from a fellow sailor is to face forward at one side of the front beam, one arm along the beam and the other over the hull, raise a leg over the hull and pull your body up. It was better than using just the hands facing back. I agree that reboarding from the side is a good and reliable way, but gertting there is challenging if the boat starts moving. My personal conclusion after all the reading here is to be mentalized to go quickly to the rear beam to grab the tiller crossbar to recover control of the boat and reboard from there (still have to try that..), otherwise use your preferred technique.
  • Quoteo face forward at one side of the front beam, one arm along the beam and the other over the hull, raise a leg over

not possible on boats with lots of freeboard

the beam is several feet above the waterline

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2 - 3:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.