Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 5.5 hull  Bottom

• Hello everyone,I have been visiting this site every day or two for the last couple of years for advice on first buying then rebuilding a Nacra 5.5 sl. I have had the boat for about 8 months now.I never intended to post anything ,but here I am.I had the hulls sitting on sawhorses,as I had bottom jobbed both completely ready for all over gelcote. Got a call,came home from work,5-1/2' of water in the front yard.You know the rest.Drain plugs and inspection ports out, they still float.I saved the starboard hull,I need the port.Also lost one dagger and one rudder, but can buy those. Does anyone know where i can buy one?1990 model.Thanks in advance.

--
    Glen
    Baton Rouge,La
    --
  • Hello Glen, welcome aboard.

Sorry to hear you got flooded! Hope the lost boat pieces was the worst of it for you.

There are a lot of folks on here that collect parts and boats, so hopefully someone can come up with the pieces you need. Maybe you'll still find the missing hull? Or was it destroyed?

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Hello Sir. No it actually floated off.You would think it would be easy to find an 18' hull. At its peak,the water that surrounded us was continuous for aprox. 12-15 sq. miles. We are five miles from the river. I search every time I
    enter or leave the neighborhood working on the house. Anyway, if anyone hears of one give me a shout on here.I had to buy this boat in Houston. Beachcats are a little rare in Louisiana. Thanks again!

--
    Glen
    Baton Rouge,La
    --
  • Glen, SOMEBODY, is going to find it. Just make sure you spread the word as far and wide as possible in your community. No way it just disappeared, it will turn up.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Sent you a PM that might be of some help. Good luck!!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • tnell, you called it.Our Streets are lined with trash piles six feet tall as far as you can see. I found it sticking out from a trash pile yesterday a mile and a half from my house.Picked it up and no damage.
    rattlenhum, thanks for the lead, I was going to call this weekend.Lucky I don't have to now!

--
    Glen
    Baton Rouge,La
    --
  • Yay! I'm sure I speak for everyone here in saying we're very glad this worked out for you. Best of luck in the recovery of your entire community and with your boat project.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • QuoteYay! I'm sure I speak for everyone here in saying we're very glad this worked out for you. Best of luck in the recovery of your entire community and with your boat project.

+1
    Couldn't have said it better!!

--
    Jerome Vaughan
    Hobie 16
    Clinton, Mississippi
    --
  • Glad you found it and wishing you and your community a safe and speedy recovery. Best wishes.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.