Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Fixing up a Nacra 5.2/upgrades  Bottom

• Hey, so I just purchased myself a Nacra 5.2. I'm not sure the year, but it's in ok shape. It's been sitting around, so it's built up a lot of dust, and salt(since it lives right on the water) and I'll need to clean it up. It will be about 2 weeks before I can start working on it, but I just want to be armed with some knowledge. How would one/how much would it cost to add a 2nd trap, and a spinnaker? How does one fix small dents on the daggerboards and rudderboards. The trampoline is in good shape, which makes me happy, and there's a carbon fiber tiller, which needs to be cleaned.

What would be the best way to polish the mast and boom? Should I gel Coat the Hull? or paint it!

I'll have pictures up soon. I just want to know what the proper course would be to take this oldie and make it look like an olympic racer!

Thanks guys! Also, first post, so what did I do wrong?
  • Just get it up and running first and sail it before you get too crazy. You will likely want to replace all the wire rigging first off because you won't know the age and used rigging is suspect at best especially on salt wAter. You can just get a double trap then. Master the bust before you even consider a spin. Also note that a boat of that age will be a little fragile so it Likely shouldn't be your first adjustment. Look at airbornes photo gallery here.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=35563

Some Pics of my boat are here

http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=74145

Also fill out your profile and signature so we know a bit about you.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Thanks Wolfman, I will keep that in mind! It will be a while before i get the spin, ect, and i will have sailed the boat a decent bit before then. Thank you for the photos, they will help tremendously! I found out that the boat is from 1978, so definitely one of the older ones. Will also fill out the profile stuff ^-^

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.