Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nacra 570 Jib Measurements  Bottom

• Hey everyone, I need to replace the jib on my Nacra 5.7. I am thinking I would like to get a 570 blade jib made instead in anticipation of eventually getting a 570 mainsail. Can anyone help me out with the measurements? Also any comments on a blade jib vs. the traditional overlapping jib?

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Someone please respond, I want to know too. Wolf man, do the 5.7 and 570 have the same mast length?
    The 570 is 30 and I was thinking my 5.7 is 31 but don't really know.

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • Pretty sure the mast is identical. There were some slight adjustments to the hull shape, the oval beams, and inter rudder system but I think the mast is the same.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --
  • Yeah the 5.7 and 570 masts are both 29ft 9 inches.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    --
  • The blade jib is going to allow the point to point higher, while sacrificing off-wind power. Personally I would keep the bigger jib unless you decided put the blade on a self tacker and add a spin.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • WolfmanYeah the 5.7 and 570 masts are both 29ft 9 inches.

This is really helpful, thanks! Would like to know the jib dimensions for the same reason.

Also, with apologies for the hijack, does anyone know what the 570 Sport spin pole dimensions are (diameter x length)?

--
    Devonshire, Bermuda
    NACRA 5.7
    --
  • Thanks!

--
    Tim
    Collierville (Memphis), TN
    Supercat 15--sold :(
    Hobie monocat--given
    Vanguard 15--traded for...
    Nacra 4.5--sold
    Nacra 5.7
    Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
    Supercat 17–sold
    --
  • wolfmanCan anyone help me out with the measurements?

So, did anyone ever come up with the leech, luff and foot dimensions for the 5.7 jib?

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • leeboweffect
    wolfmanCan anyone help me out with the measurements?

So, did anyone ever come up with the leech, luff and foot dimensions for the 5.7 jib?

Sorry Nac. I posted that somewhere, maybe a few years ago...but I can’t find it now. I’ve got the measurements somewhere, maybe on an old computer that no longer lives, but I can’t find it right now. I’ll keep looking.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Edchris177
    leeboweffect
    wolfmanCan anyone help me out with the measurements?

Sorry Nac. I posted that somewhere, maybe a few years ago...but I can’t find it now. I’ve got the measurements somewhere, maybe on an old computer that no longer lives, but I can’t find it right now. I’ll keep looking.

Here it is, thanks.

https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=130850&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Hobie 16 (3 formerly)
    MacGregor 25 (formerly)
    Chrysler Dagger 14 (formerly)
    NACRA 5.0 (currently)
    High Point, NC
    --
  • 570 jib needs beam sheeting and is too tall to put on a 5.7.
    5.7 masts and I have had a few 1984,1996 & 1988 are most all 29feet even (extrusion) same as 5.5sl.
    570 mast is either 29 feet 7 or 29 feet 9 with the newer mast head that lowers the halyard hook. Don't know why but Nacra lists their masts plus 7 to 9. A 5.8 mast lists at 30 feet 7 and They are 30 even.
    They mast hound is also 8 inches higher. A 5.8 mast slightly shortened would work.
    I have a 570 main and blade jib that worked with a 18square mast and sailed ok. Was a thin 18square mast so was a bit to bendy. I will be trying a cut down 5.8 mast in a few weeks with the 570 sail set. Currently using a 5.5sl square top and standard jib. A 5.5 main looks to be the same as a 5.7.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.