Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Newbie!!!!  Bottom

• Hello all. I am a newbie to this forum but not a newbie to sailing. I started sailing when I was 10 years old with a little red Sea Snark that had a red and white sail. Years later, my family had a 24ft Venture that we only had briefly and was sold to a guy who had a Hobie 14 which was traded in the sale of the Venture. I was 15 when we got the Hobie 14 and it was a real blast to sail for the most part,used to flip it fairly often but it was a lot of fun and fast. I've also sailed Sunfish sailboats, they are also fun boats . I am here now because I have recently purchased a very nice 1984 Hobie 16. I don't have any questions yet, the boat is parked at a relatives house and I will be picking her up Sunday. I cannot wait to get her home and will practice setting her up in my backyard before I hit the water. It's been a long time since I last sailed and I feel that it is like riding a bike, you just don't forget, once you've learned, it's something you keep forever. I hope to post up some pictures in the next week or so and show off my beauty. Anyway, glad to be back in the wind again!!!!

Edited by martyr on Jul 01, 2016 - 11:02 AM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • welcome to the club Marty
  • Thanks. I will try to post some pictures.

--
    Marty
    --
  • I don't see the edit button anymore, or a reply button, other than the quick reply. How does one post pics? Do I need to start another topic?

--
    Marty
    --
  • Okay rhe buttons are back now. How do you post pics in this forum?

Edited by martyr on Jul 01, 2016 - 12:35 PM.

--
    Marty
    --
  • QuoteHow does one post pics? Do I need to start another topic?

Go to the top of the page, one of the buttons SITE FAQ**.
    Click that, Damon has it all laid out.
    I would start an Album, under "MEMBERS".
    Then upload your cat pics there

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Welcome Marty,

There are some helpful links in my signature below.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Thanks guys. I will post up some pics later. Gonna pic her up Sunday. Damon, I see that you are in Memphis, TN. My Hobie is currently registered TN as the previous owner lived in Nashville. The boat was for sale on Craigslist out of Seagrove Beach, FL and was just listed a few weeks ago. When I saw her, I just had to have her. I'd been looking for a nice Hobie for several months now and didn't want a project and found the one that I now have. Thankfully, I grew up in the Florida panhandle and was able to have my Dad look at the boat while I was actually being shown the boat through facetime at the same time. The owner was very thorough and detailed when showing me things, a very nice man. My Dad confirmed that everything was spot on and we bought the boat. Dad then hauled her a little north to my sisters house in DeFuniak Springs and I am driving down Sunday to pick her up and bring her home to Opelika, Al where she will be mainly sailed from our place at Lake Martin. We go to Destin, Fl at least once a year and now I will have a very nice Hobie to take to Choctawhattchee Bay and the beach when I'm down there. Maybe some of you saw her on Craigslist. She is a 1984 Hobie 16, yellow hulls, all black trim, yellow 84 Nationals sails, and a yellow tramp. She is nearly perfect and was hardly even sailed. She has dual traps and they are still new coiled up in a box complete with harnesses, only used once. Many extras were included, even some very new condition Cat Trax wheels. I really hit the jackpot with this boat and cannot wait to bring her home. She is the prettiest Hobie Cat I have ever seen and just fell in love with her from the moment I saw the ad. I will post some pictures soon.

Okay I just made her my avatar!!!!

I also created a photo album within the members photos section entitled "Marty's Hobie 16" haven't figured out how to post a pic in the forum topic yet, I am trying to do it from my phone. For now you can see my H16 in the photo album. The pictures were from the ad, except for the one of the boat on the trailer, it was taken at my sisters.

Edited by martyr on Jul 01, 2016 - 08:40 PM.

--
    Marty
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.