Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cat Sailing Instruction in North America with family in tow...  Bottom

• OK. Trying to do it all this summer--family vacation and Hobie 16 or similar Cat instruction (for me)--family stays on beach and I try to take my game beyond beginner/intermediate (goal is solo from wire).

Can anyone recommend a good spot in North America or Caribbean for July/August time frame? Prefer East Coast but California also an option. Cape Cod? Maine? V.I? etc.

Idea is to find good instruction with decent sailing conditions (wind, beach, equipment, instruction) and a location where my wife and 12 year old non-sailors will not go crazy with boredom.

All suggestions welcome! I am sure that this is not an uncommon problem..
  • Red Gear Racing in Clear Water, Florida. Robbie Daniel (Olympic campaigns on the Tornado), is one of the nicest guys you'll meet and is really patient. We have gone to them a few times. They don't have H16's though, they have F16 and F18's.

Actually I've heard him mention coaching H16's before, so if you have one to bring I'm sure he'd be happy to coach you on it too. I'm sure he's probably raced them at some point!

Edited by lakewateree on Jun 11, 2016 - 06:44 PM.

--
    Mac
    Midlands South Carolina
    AHPC Viper USA 366
    A Cat USA 366
    Super Cat 17
    --
  • Rhode Island! Plenty for the family to do, and also a great spot to sail with a very active Hobie Fleet. If you're interested, I could connect you with one of the best Hobie sailors in the area for lessons. PM me for details.
  • Mission Bay Aquatic Center offers Hobie cat sailing lessons in San Diego at Mission Bay. This is a great family friendly location with lots of things to do. MBAC also offers other kinds of classes your family might want to check out...

http://www.mbaquaticcenter.com/sailing.htm

--
    Marek
    1992 Prindle 19
    1981 Prindle 16
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.