Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Looking for beachcat rentals anywhere in the Caribbean  Bottom

• I'll looking to head to the Caribbean for a week in February. I'm trying to decide where to go. One of the big deciding factors will be finding a place where I can rent a decent BeachCat for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations?? I've been scouring the Internet for hours and haven't found anything.

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by cat_graham on Dec 01, 2015 - 12:55 AM.
  • This is a C&P from the Hobie Forums.

I've been to Barbados many times over the past few years & have not been able to find any Hobie Cat rentals.
    Today, I go to the beach at the ACCRA Hotel, and low & behold, here is a fellow sitting on a Hobie 16 looking to take people out sailing.
    I had conversation with him & it seems most Hobie owners on the island will take you on the boat with them, but not let you take it on your own.
    He charges $60.usd/hr.
    Contact info: Nicholas Agard
    The Agard experience
    1246-8204756 or. 1246-2473150
    d.nice7@live.com

The boat is a 2002 model, it has an older mast & sails, but is good shape.
  • Thanks for the info. I've been to Barbados many times and agree. I've never found one that I can rent on my own. Thanks for the info.

Any other suggestions?? Places that will rent me a cat by myself anywhere in the Caribbean?

Thanks!

playadepanamaThis is a C&P from the Hobie Forums.

I've been to Barbados many times over the past few years & have not been able to find any Hobie Cat rentals.
    Today, I go to the beach at the ACCRA Hotel, and low & behold, here is a fellow sitting on a Hobie 16 looking to take people out sailing.
    I had conversation with him & it seems most Hobie owners on the island will take you on the boat with them, but not let you take it on your own.
    He charges $60.usd/hr.
    Contact info: Nicholas Agard
    The Agard experience
    1246-8204756 or. 1246-2473150
    d.nice7@live.com

The boat is a 2002 model, it has an older mast & sails, but is good shape.
  • Last time I was in San Pedro, Belize (it is on Ambergris Caye) someone there was renting hobie cats.

Edited by NeubaurRL on Dec 01, 2015 - 02:01 PM.

--
    Randy Neubauer
    Apple Valley, MN
    2001 H18M
    --
  • A number of the Sandles resorts in Jamaica have beach cats for rent. But they are almost uniformly underpowered boats.
  • You might check bitter end yacht club on Virgin Gorda (BVI)
  • From their website it appears the Bitter End has waves included with a stay at their resort. I did see a few zipping around by Saba Rock when we were anchored there 2 years ago. All of the cats that I saw were
    waves and always around a resort. There was one derelict Nacra beached precariously on a small sand bar in Road Town Harbor.

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm going to have a look at them now :)
  • I have been to several Sandals resorts and they all had Waves you could use at no cost. They were all "well used" but filled my need while n vacation. If you are going on vacation to sail they will disappoint, but if sailing is just part of your trip plans they might do. One resort even organized a mini regatta so my brother and I could race against the beach staff. Had 4 or 5 waves out at once and it was a blast.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • And as I recall they kicked our butts! I think they knew which sails were in better shape. At least that is what my pride tells me. :) I swore the next time I went to the Caribbean I would bring along my own wave sail. :)

Eric
    SC20
  • Waves are at most resorts everywhere in de ilons
    Ambergris had a few Getaways.
    These guys had a couple of tired 16's, check w/ them before you go.
    It is a cool place to sail, open ocean, couple of islets, lee shore, can be gnarly.
    http://www.wind-adventures.com/wa/site/hobiecat.html

Edited by pl3 on Dec 04, 2015 - 06:49 PM.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.