Looking for beachcat rentals anywhere in the Caribbean

I'll looking to head to the Caribbean for a week in February. I'm trying to decide where to go. One of the big deciding factors will be finding a place where I can rent a decent BeachCat for a few days. Anyone have any recommendations?? I've been scouring the Internet for hours and haven't found anything.

Thanks for the help!!

Edited by cat_graham on Dec 01, 2015 - 12:55 AM.
This is a C&P from the Hobie Forums.

I've been to Barbados many times over the past few years & have not been able to find any Hobie Cat rentals.
Today, I go to the beach at the ACCRA Hotel, and low & behold, here is a fellow sitting on a Hobie 16 looking to take people out sailing.
I had conversation with him & it seems most Hobie owners on the island will take you on the boat with them, but not let you take it on your own.
He charges $60.usd/hr.
Contact info: Nicholas Agard
The Agard experience
1246-8204756 or. 1246-2473150
d.nice7@live.com

The boat is a 2002 model, it has an older mast & sails, but is good shape.
Thanks for the info. I've been to Barbados many times and agree. I've never found one that I can rent on my own. Thanks for the info.

Any other suggestions?? Places that will rent me a cat by myself anywhere in the Caribbean?

Thanks!

playadepanamaThis is a C&P from the Hobie Forums.

I've been to Barbados many times over the past few years & have not been able to find any Hobie Cat rentals.
Today, I go to the beach at the ACCRA Hotel, and low & behold, here is a fellow sitting on a Hobie 16 looking to take people out sailing.
I had conversation with him & it seems most Hobie owners on the island will take you on the boat with them, but not let you take it on your own.
He charges $60.usd/hr.
Contact info: Nicholas Agard
The Agard experience
1246-8204756 or. 1246-2473150
d.nice7@live.com

The boat is a 2002 model, it has an older mast & sails, but is good shape.
Last time I was in San Pedro, Belize (it is on Ambergris Caye) someone there was renting hobie cats.

Edited by NeubaurRL on Dec 01, 2015 - 02:01 PM.

--
Randy Neubauer
Apple Valley, MN
2001 H18M
--
A number of the Sandles resorts in Jamaica have beach cats for rent. But they are almost uniformly underpowered boats.
You might check bitter end yacht club on Virgin Gorda (BVI)
From their website it appears the Bitter End has waves included with a stay at their resort. I did see a few zipping around by Saba Rock when we were anchored there 2 years ago. All of the cats that I saw were
waves and always around a resort. There was one derelict Nacra beached precariously on a small sand bar in Road Town Harbor.

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
--
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone! I'm going to have a look at them now :)
I have been to several Sandals resorts and they all had Waves you could use at no cost. They were all "well used" but filled my need while n vacation. If you are going on vacation to sail they will disappoint, but if sailing is just part of your trip plans they might do. One resort even organized a mini regatta so my brother and I could race against the beach staff. Had 4 or 5 waves out at once and it was a blast.

--
Scott,
‘92 H18 w/SX wings
‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
--
And as I recall they kicked our butts! I think they knew which sails were in better shape. At least that is what my pride tells me. :) I swore the next time I went to the Caribbean I would bring along my own wave sail. :)

Eric
SC20
Waves are at most resorts everywhere in de ilons
Ambergris had a few Getaways.
These guys had a couple of tired 16's, check w/ them before you go.
It is a cool place to sail, open ocean, couple of islets, lee shore, can be gnarly.
http://www.wind-adventures.com/wa/site/hobiecat.html

Edited by pl3 on Dec 04, 2015 - 06:49 PM.