Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Orange Beach, AL  Bottom

• I know there isn't much of a fleet on the island, but I'd like to meet other cat sailors in the area or visiting. I see trailered rigs headed southbound on the beach express or beached in front yards, but so rarely see anyone else on the water.

So I'm the guy with the Hobie 18 with the sharkmouth hulls out there racing the rental pontoon boats and the dolphin cruisers. It is amazing how hard it is to find people to sail with when the wind gets exciting... none of my normal crew are strong enough to sheet in hard in a 15+ knot breeze. I'd love to crew for someone else like me, who could go single-handed, but would rather have someone else on on the wire to head out in the surf to go fast and jump waves.

http://i.imgur.com/RVn0Kd9.jpg

Edited by aprosser on Aug 01, 2015 - 02:28 PM.
  • Ckeck the Ocean Springs Yacht Club website. The two best regattas are Slip to Ship and Island Hop. Also the best one on the coast ( IMHO) is at Navarre, FL Juana’s Good Time Regatta. It’s a real party. Lots of friendly sailors and boats (catamarans ) at both. You can find a crew or be one at either.
    Jim
  • I am up in Spanish Fort and sail out of Buccaneer Yacht Club in Mobile. We have about 6 active cats there. I keep my N5.2 rigged there. I am always looking for more opportunity to sail. Feel free to message me.

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer"
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --
  • I've got Juana's Regatta on my radar and hope to attend. I hope to get my H14 down to the Gulf Coast at least a couple of times this upcoming summer.

--
    Tim Gibson
    1982 Hobie 16 Carumba Sails
    1980 Hobie 14 Cat Fever Sails (SOLD)
    Memphis, TN
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.