Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Referbing older Hobie cat 18-Boom  Bottom

• I checked the manual for the part but it does not appear. There a piece of aluminum with a hole in it that slides back and forth between the first and second cleat from gooseneck side. I suspect it is a car for outhaul but not sure. It has two holes threw it that run parallel to the boom. Does anyone know what this is and how it should be rigged. Thanks

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --
  • Bungee on one end to end cap for auto return. Rope on the other to adjust for outhaul.

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • The part you're referring to used to tie off the ends of the bungee cord for the outhaul car return system. The bungee is knotted at one end and passed through this block, runs down the boom to the forward end of the outhaul car, and then back to this block where the other end is tied off. It is not located between the boom cleats, it is actually the mounting block for the outhaul cleat. If you look inside the boom at your outhaul cleat, you will see the ends of the bungee cord tied off. This is what they're tied to.

sm

Edited by Dogboy on Feb 25, 2015 - 03:57 AM.
  • goodsailing - not to derail your thread here, but it sounds like we are working on the same project. I started my build in November and am eyeballing a finish in late march. I just wanted to let you know that a lot of the issues you brought to this board for resolution have been extremely helpful to me. I am interested in how far along you are on your project. If you'd like, send me a PM with your email and we can swap project pictures and suggestions.
  • Quote If you'd like, send me a PM with your email and we can swap project pictures and suggestions.

why not start a new thread so the data swap can help others?
  • MN3why not start a new thread so the data swap can help others?

We can definitely do that as well. I plan to make a hobie 18 restoration thread with the information I am learning here and from wrenching on the boat after I get finished.
  • Moved to here:

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/15482

--
    Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
    H18 (Sold 7/15)
    Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
    Balt-Wash Area
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.