Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 16 Trampoline, mesh or vinyl? Rudder tune up info?? Line replacement/??  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• There are left and right hand rudder arms (the tillers are supposed to point inward). If you put the rudders on the wrong sides when you re-assembled the boat, it would throw off the "toe in." I would check that first. If you have the rudders on the right sides, then raise the stern of the boat so you can lock both rudders down. Then have a helper assist you with measuring the distance between the centerline of the leading edges of the rudders. Then compare that to the distance between the trailing edges of the rudders. The leading edge measurement should be about 1/8" to 1/4" shorter than the trailing edge distance. Adjust the tiller connectors in the tiller crossbar as needed to get the desired toe in.

sm
  • Just seen this, but i fixed it today. I just removed the whole assembly, never took them apart. However they did get turned around bsckwards. Basically the arms got swung around the opposite direction. I removed them and swung them around and they lined up perfectly. With rudders up they measured 83" center to center at the front and 83" atnthe rear. That said does toeing them in or out slightly help any with performance or should they be even like they are?

im going to shim the castings with cutouts from a plastic butter tub. I also need to replace the rudder pins. Anyone know the sizediameter and length for the pins?

--
    Carl S
    1985 Hobie 16 the kids call her "Queso"
    Baytown, TX Sea Scout Ship 208 "Red Skies Ship 208" on facebook
    Nacra, Dolphin, Capri, Sunfish, MacGregor 26x, these are a few of the boats we sail
    --
  • -10000 for SLO SAIL and Canvas.

http://www.thebeachcats.c…ms/viewtopic/topic/11657

Edited by MN3 on Apr 20, 2016 - 01:29 PM.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.