Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 16 humming noise.  Bottom

• When I get going with my 1982 Hobie 16, I will get a humming noise and at times with the humming I can feel a soft vibration through the boat itself. What is causing this and how do I get rid of it?
  • That is the sound of beauty and life! You want to embrace it not get rid of it!
  • It is your rudders - very common. You need to tune the trailing edge of the blades and remove as much slop from the rudder system as possible.

sm
  • the more noise you hear below water = the more flow you are vibrating/disrupting off your boards/boat (its a slow thing)

now when your going so fast your shrouds are hummin ... that's the sound of speeeeed

WolfmanThat is the sound of beauty and life! You want to embrace it not get rid of it!
  • A chap across the bay has an H17 that hums so loud I can hear it 100 meters away. I told him to file the TRAILING edges of his rudders & boards a bit.
    Do a search,on the Hobie forum, or someone post the link. I believe Matt Miller on the Hobie forum addressed this issue a few years ago.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • "The hobie sound"usually when you exceed 15knots, a humm, a hobie 16 owners mantra

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.