Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Bent Mast  Bottom

• Hi....new to the forum....any ideas how to straighten a slightly bent Hobie 18 mast?

Bent about 2" from the shroud connection to the top.

Ray
  • If you can't straighten it, I have masts & can ship. See my ad under classifieds---parts. Pete
  • if it's a comp tip, i doubt it can be done. however i have had mixed results by laying the mast on the sand at our beach and carefully applying pressure to straighten it. have more than 2 people to help if you can that way one person can keep an eye on progress. be very careful tho as i said, mixed results...some good...some not so good

--
    Mike Conway
    H16
    Hilton, NY
    --
  • I have a H=18 solid alum mast (non comp tip) straight as can be $100 local pickup only Delray Beach, Florida
  • Ray, check your PM,(private messages).
    Pete Begle will give you a fair deal if it turns out you need a new mast.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • years ago bent prindle 16 mast in the surf, found 2 telephone poles approx 2 feet apart, sailing buddy joe kept hitting bend spot(same spot u described) with hammer warming up aluminum, then we both applied pressure on the mast between the poles at bend spot, the mast straightened out and we used it till we located a replacement, a friend still uses mast on his hobie 16! go figure.
  • Quoteslightly bent Hobie 18 mast

how bent is it? if it is slight, it may be fine to sail

the boat can handle to slight variations as long as the bend is not severe and in a high load area and the difference of a "slight bend" may not be perceivable

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.