Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

I need to UPGRADE!  Bottom

• I'm a long time catamaran sailor but I have only owned Hobie 16's and 14's. I live on the beach in Navarre, FL and have a Hobie 14 turbo sitting there, mast up, ready to go. It is too small and too slow so I need your help. Who has a larger, faster boat for me - Nacra 5.5, 5.8, etc. Also a Hobie 20 would be fun to park where my 14 is right now. The mast will stay up and the sails will be stored inside. I mostly sail solo and don't mind a challenge but I'd like to take along friends for a thrill ride from time to time. Our wind is generally around 6 to 10 kts with the occasional 15 to 20. I weigh 170 lbs and single-hand my 31' C&C mono-hull weekly. Any ideas?
  • Mike Clark Has 6.0 for sale in Gulf Breeze. I sent you his # in a private message

--
    Doug Klem
    Pensacola , Fl.
    Blade F16
    Prindle 18-2 w/spin
    Prindle 18-2 x 3
    Prindle 19 MX
    --
  • Buy my 1995 Nacra 5.8NA, just posted a few days ago in the classifieds, I will meet you half way if interested
    -Patrick

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --
  • Doug. See ya next week at Island hop! nice new boat! I'll throw ya a beer as you slice past me on that blade!
    The Nacra 5.8NA is an awsome boat.... take partial trades??! icon_biggrin

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • You may want to try of few of these out before you get one...

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • LOL TIM!!
    No deals unless its on my next boat (tbd.), I am open to negotiations though! The 5.8 is a blast, period. I solo a lot with it, but I am also 220#, soloing @ 170# would keep you limited to some light winds, say anything over 15mph you will get familiar with the righting bag :) She is quick and responsive, and is a shockingly good performer in the light wind.

--
    -PG
    '95 Nacra 5.8NA , rule#2
    --
  • JohnESYou may want to try of few of these out before you get one...

Edited by Edchris177 on Jun 27, 2014 - 01:05 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.