Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Difference between Nacra 5.7 and 570?  Bottom

• Hello all, I'm still ISO a 5.7 and would like to know the difference, if any, between a 5.7 and 570 other than the 570 being newer? Does anyone know of a Nacra dealer in the Chesapeake Bay?

--
    Todd

Virginia
    --
  • The 570 would have the Inter rudder system which is a good upgrade. The beams are a D shape. You may have a different jib halyard system as well.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • The 570 uses a "blade" jib, I'm not sure if the self tacking is standard or an option. IIRC most of the 570's were also set up for a spin.
    At this site you can see both manuals & go over each in detail
    http://www.nacrasailing.c…download/nacradownloads/

Nacra Manuals will open up a sub menu where you will see the 570 & the 5.7 under "Vintage"
    The older Nacra manuals are also here at The Beachcats, in albums, Technical, pg 5.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=35212

Edited by Edchris177 on Apr 29, 2014 - 04:56 PM.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • No Nacra dealer in the Chesapeake area. Where are you located? Consider a Nacra 20 and come sail/race in Galesville/Annapolis?

Rick Bliss @ New England Catamarans is the go-to dealer for all things Nacra.
  • Much appreciated info and recommendations! NE Catamaran has a good website and I will speaking with Rick in the near future. This is such a primo forum.
  • If u take a close look at both model nacras 570&5.7 side by side u will note a slight diference in the hull shape and design, it's almost imperceptible. The 570 is an updated modified 5.7 with square top main and smaller jib-but slightly faster, back of hull also slightly smaller/narrower. 570 comes with port holes with srew off tops aft of tramp. The rudder system is updated on 570 the whole system is removable- u can lift up and disconnect entire system tiller connector bar and 2 rudders and castings(which r smaller lighter than on 5.7) mast on 570 feels like its 35lbs lighter than 5.7 and as noted by prior comment by bacho xbeams diiffer in u verses round shape r lighter,an upgrade, however 5.7 beams interchangeable with 5.2 beams and or other older nacras. I could be wrong since dolphin striker assembly looks the same on both cats but newer 570 appears to hold up better perhaps because mast is lighter. Both cats require a lot of sailing acumen to single hand in high winds

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.