Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sleeping orientation  Bottom

• Question for those of you who have slept on a few different catmarans,

Do you prefer to sleep head to toe in "length" with the boat or in width with the boat and why?

Eg I've only ever stayed on catamarans where the beds run bow to stern but I notice on all of the Sunreef catamarans they now only have the beds orientated port to starboard.

Wondering which people prefer?

Also wondering is it better to have the master cabin bed in the rear of the boat or the bow? I'm assuming stern only for width of the hull reasons (but also wondering for either sailing at night if the waves on the bow are noisy (but then if you motor.....then no way someone could sleep in the cabin just in front of the motors in the stern).

Thoughts?

Edited by dean.collins on Apr 06, 2014 - 04:22 PM.
  • In the past, I've had much better sex sleeping side by side on the trampoline. Pete
  • Dam this site needs a like button!!

Not sure how many people here have a cat worth more than about $15,000 US.

That being said I would think sleeping bow to stern would feel more stable and comfortable. Hull to hull you would feel the rocking motion more. If it were me, I would rather feel less movement.

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • the better berth is aft, much less "rock and roll" compared to a v-berth or bow berth
  • pbegleIn the past, I've had much better sex sleeping side by side on the trampoline. Pete

I have to say the best spot I have found is under the tramp in the sand. More privacy, less sun and softer, shapable "mattress".
    Yet another reason why I prefer an 18 footer.
    With a H16, you might as well invite people to bring their beach chairs and watch between the hull and tramp.
    Just sayin...

Edited by klozhald on Apr 08, 2014 - 03:03 PM.

--
    Sheet In!
    Bob
    _/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
    Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
    Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
    AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
    (Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
    Arizona, USA
    --
  • QuoteI have to say the best spot I have found is under the tramp in the sand.

In that case I would have to vouch for feet at he bows.
    Dolphin striker to the head would be a real mood killer.
    Doesn't anyone get tired WHILE sailing? Or the wind dies, & you feel the need for a nap?
    Maybe to many boats down there for it, up here I can be the only boat in sight.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • pbegleIn the past, I've had much better sex sleeping side by side on the trampoline. Pete

Yes but were you bow to stern or port to starboard? LOL

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • It was so long ago, I don't remember. Pete

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.