Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Camping on the spoil islands around Dunedin?  Bottom

• Wasn't sure where I should post this question. I know there are some members here that live around the clearwater/dunedin area. I'd like to overnight on one of the spoil islands in the area, and I'm looking for information. Are permits needed? Any islands better than other? Any to avoid? My plan is to sail on our hobie adventure island from our house in Indian Rocks beach and to sail up past the dunedin causeway and camp up that way.
  • you do not need a permit to camp on the spoil islands in st Joesph sound / old clwtr bay - just packin / pack out (and i recommend a shovel)

I hear the 2nd island North of the dunedin causeway is a great island, but since we can't fit under the drawbridge, we never sail /camp there

the big island just south of the dunedin causeway is a great island, park on the south or south west side. room for 100's of people on that island

the 4th island south is also a good island for parking/camping but is very small so can be a bit overcrowded and bathroom use can be tricky with all the people coming and going off that island (it is across from the dunedin marina)

The 8th island south (just north of the seminal boat ramp) is also a good island for camping

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.