Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mast Up Storage, St. Augustine Fl (Cresent Beach Fl) Area  Bottom

• I will be just south of St. Augustine Fl in April and May. I am looking for preferably mast up storage on almost any waterfront for my Hobie 14. Although I have launched from the beach before in front of Beachers Lodge my 59 year old injured back cannot do it without beach wheels & a 4 wheel drive. Also they do not let you leave your boat on the beach overnight. I have launched at the 206 bridge on the intracoastal and sailed down to the Summer Island area dropping a car there before, but would prefer mast up storage for a month or two. I would be happy to sail with other beach cat sailors too while I am there. I have sailed for 49 years from windsurfers, beachcats to 35 foot monohulls and raced Hobie 14s & 16s back in the 70's. Any suggestions?

--
    David
    Hobie 14 (Tsunami)
    Valdosta, GA
    --
  • I live in Jacksonville, and am not too familiar with the St Augustine area, I do know in Atlantic Beach, you can register your catamaran with the Police Department and leave your catamaran on the beach. You are also welcome to join us for spring and summer series at the Rudder Club on the St John's River.

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • Thank you for the invitation. I lived in Jacksonville for a few years myself and sailed an Essex 26' Ketch on the St. Johns River out of the Cedar & Ortega Rivers and later Amity Marina in Switzerland. I would like to find a place closer to St. Augustine but it is good to know about Atlantic Beach. My old boat is not race ready (probably 60 lbs of epoxy and polyester resin restoring the hulls and not class legal trampoline) but the spring series sounds interesting, I would like to race again. I have seen the Rudder Club from the Buckman Bridge but have never been there. Can I access the race info from the Rudder Club website?

Thank you so much for the information,
    David

--
    David
    Hobie 14 (Tsunami)
    Valdosta, GA
    --
  • Hey David,

Yes, you can access the race calendar from the website http://rudderclub.com/index.html. I also produce a newsletter if you would like to get it, just PM me your email information. I hear you about race ready, I go out for the races but my kids seem to fall off the boat (even in the calmest conditions) and I have to go pick them up. So much for winning, for me it is more about being out on the boat. We also have some social occasions with food and perhaps some alcoholic beverages.

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • Hey Kenneth,

Thanks for the info. I just sent you a PM message.

--
    David
    Hobie 14 (Tsunami)
    Valdosta, GA
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.