Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Sailed on a Nacra 5.2 Sunday  Bottom

• http://i1295.photobucket.com/albums/b637/on1hull/2014-03-02-Exploring-off-Kriss4_zpsa363baba.jpg?t=1394126413
    Winter has had its icy grips even in North Carolina this year. 3 weeks in a row we have had sleet or snow in Carteret County, which is unusual for us. Sunday gave us a small respite from the cold warming to 65 degrees. My sailing buddy has a Nacra and we decided to go for a little sail and use one boat. Weather was perfect for a gentle ride. Wind SW 5-10 knots & steady. Water is still cold so we tried to keep it a dry ride. The bouyancy of the Nacra did just that as we eased thru the shallows of Bogue Sound. The water was crystal clear and we could see we were in 3-10 feet of water most of the time. Even managed to spook a few Flounder. I'm ready for it to warm up so we can get back on the water.
  • I'm jealous. Waiting for a couple feet of snow to go away before I can get my 5.2 out.

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • My 5.2 is stuck in my barn in northern Michigan. Anyone up there driving to Texas soon!?! aarrrrgggg

--
    Sailing in DFW area, TX
    NACRA 5.2
    --
  • Can I ask why your boat is up north and you are in Texas?

--
    Cesar (Cez) S.
    Hobie 16 (had a few)
    Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
    Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
    West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
    --
  • Kind of a long story... Pulled it around the western states after leaving Texas in '12, sailed Strawberry Reservoir, Bear Lake UT, The Tetons, Glacier, and Lake Dillon in CO, then landed in my home town north of Petoskey, MI for the winter. Work brought me back down to Texas but by that time I had a full trailer's worth of "stuff" to move down here, so the boat was regretfully left behind with the hopes of getting some time off to sail the straights and to Beaver Island etc, none of which has worked out...and so there it remains...

--
    Sailing in DFW area, TX
    NACRA 5.2
    --
  • on1hull, do you know what your water temps were when you were out there last weekend??

--
    Sailing in DFW area, TX
    NACRA 5.2
    --
  • Water temps are 50-55 degrees. I got ankle deep when we launched and stayed dry other than that. Its probably cooled a couple degrees since then, we had a cold snap with sleet and freezing rain Tuesday and alot of cold rain since.
  • Well kudos for getting out there!

--
    Sailing in DFW area, TX
    NACRA 5.2
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.