Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Nautos Blocks  Bottom

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

• davefarmerI've been trying out Viadana blks

Dave

Me too, added 2 Viadana 38 composite blocks to my Harken main-sheet setup,
    to help me handle the main better solo. They're holding up good
    for 2,5 seasons now, but I'm on sweet water most of the time.
    They differ 30-40 % with the H
    The only minus is their website.........http://www.viadana.it/

André

Edited by catmodding on Feb 15, 2014 - 02:13 AM.

--
    Tornado (80's Reg White)
    Prindle 18-2 (sold)
    Dart 16 (hired and hooked)
    13 mtr steel cutter (sold)
    Etap 22, unsinkable sailing pocket cruiser.

Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    --
  • wildtsailDisclaimer: I am the US Distributor for Allen blocks.
    Nautos is a company out of Brazil that all they do is copy blocks of other companies. They gained most of their momentum when Holt broke from Allen to partner with Nautos. Then the two of them had a falling out.
    Allen has been manufacturing the blocks in the UK for 40+ years and has a high quality standard and a lifetime warranty. Our prices are not too far off from Harken or etc for the reason. In most cases the materials used by companies that can sell blocks cheaper than Allen, Harken, and Ronstan are not up to snuff and will not last. Especially when it comes to blocks made of plastic. There are exceptions of course.
    Peter, I live in Quincy and would be happy to sort you out with some good blocks at a good deal. Send me an email Todd dot Riccardi at gmail dot com

Nautos is a factory in Brazil manufacturing blocks and general sailing hardware for more than 40 years , I m sad to read what you posted , because is not true, Nautos still manufacturing to Holt in the European market and Nautos NEVER had falling out , we have a high quality standards in our hardware and the reason we are cheaper than other factories is because we sell directly to customers . Our warranty is 5 years and in some cases 7, also as a reference Hobie use our blocks at the mainsail sheet system. Our materials are the same as Harken , Ronstan and others.
    We develop our products and also they are well tested , for your knowledge we were the first on launch at METZ in Amsterdam the ALL composite block , which another nice brand take the good ideia to develop a nice product.
    So next time you try to make an bad apreciation of a competitor think several times and inform yourself better.
  • juanv
    Nautos is a factory in Brazil manufacturing blocks and general sailing hardware for more than 40 years , I m sad to read what you posted , because is not true, Nautos still manufacturing to Holt in the European market and Nautos NEVER had falling out , we have a high quality standards in our hardware and the reason we are cheaper than other factories is because we sell directly to customers . Our warranty is 5 years and in some cases 7, also as a reference Hobie use our blocks at the mainsail sheet system. Our materials are the same as Harken , Ronstan and others.

jaunv, welcome to TheBeachcats.com. It sounds like you are familiar with the company, care to introduce yourself?

If you are located in Brazil it would be great to hear local perspective of the upcoming Olympics now that catamarans with the Nacra 17 are back in.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • DamonLinkous
    juanv

jaunv, welcome to TheBeachcats.com. It sounds like you are familiar with the company, care to introduce yourself?

If you are located in Brazil it would be great to hear local perspective of the upcoming Olympics now that catamarans with the Nacra 17 are back in.

HI Damon
    I'm at Ft Lauderdale taking care about Nautos Usa ( Nautos distribution ) and yes I know very well the company .I sailing since I was 16 years old. ( 62)
    I 'm travel several times a year to Brazil , is great the Olympics will be there at the Guanabara Bay in Rio , is a tricky bay with lots of currents up and down.
    Lots of crews are training and more planning to come during this summer ( winter there) which is the greatest time of the year to sail.

Go to page [-1] 1 - 2:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.