Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Starting over after 35 yrs.  Bottom

• I live in Mountain Home, Ar. Bought a 80's Hobie 16 in need of a little love, also just bought a Hobie tandem Island.

Looking for people into cats. so that i can pick their brains and and sail with. I work at a boat dock on Bull Shoals Lake part-time (summer)

I can be reached at armadillodiver@centurytel.net or 870 404-0423 cell
  • Welcome back

--
    Kenneth Purdy
    Hobie 16
    Nacra 5.2 (2)
    Banshee
    First Coast, Florida
    --
  • Welcome back! Was nice chatting with you. Hoping the weather warms up soon. First weekend that makes it to 70* I'm hitting the lake. N. MS.
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • dreamchaserI live in Mountain Home, Ar.

Welcome back to sailing, are there many sailboats on Bull Shoals? I know it's a lot of water but looking at the maps it doesn't look like wide open. I'm familiar with Lake Norfolk though and other than the rocky shorelines it's pretty nice, along with Greers Ferry Lake.

Lots of Hobie 16 help here so ask any questions that come up. Pictures of your boat always help the answers.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Bull Shoals is twice the size of Norfolk lake and just 20 miles west. Shore line is just like Norfolk and Greers Ferry Lake Wind is spotty because of the hills around the lake,
    but there are several areas that can be real good for sailing. There are several sail boats in the area but most motor in and out (larger monohull boats) Boat traffic is very light except holidays. Have talked fxloop today and plan to come your way as much as I can. Asked fxloop to keep me informed on what's going on with the cat group and i'd be there.
  • Dreamchaser - There is a very active hobie fleet at Grande Maumelle Sailing Club on Lake Maumelle in Little Rock if you are willing to drive. We race every other Sunday afternoon in conjunction with our centerboard series that runs May - October and host 2-3 regattas. November - April we sail keel boats in a PHRF series.
    https://www.gmsc.org/
  • I'm down for some road trips to Lake Maumelle this season for sure, just need a heads up of the dates of the events.
    You're only 2:45 hrs away. Looking for some big lakes to get experience on my H20 I just got this winter. icon_biggrin
    Tim

--
    Tim Grover
    1996 Hobie Miracle 20
    Two Hobie 14's
    1983 G-Cat Restored
    Memphis TN / North Mississippi
    --
  • Our regattas open to guests are over Memorial Day and Labor Day weekends (Saturday 10am - late afternoon and 1-3 races on Sunday afternoon). Entry fees are reasonable and typically include dinner at the club on Saturday evening. Regular series racing dates are open to club member boats but the membership is not expensive and beach or mast up trailer storage is included. Dates are not yet available but I will try to remember to post when they are published.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.